: Original description reads: "Preble County, Eaton, Ohio 1936. Sign at Court House corner."
The original Fort St. Clair was built in 1792 and used as a garrison and supply depot strategically placed between Fort Washington and Fort Jefferson. The main objective of the fort was to assist US troops as they tried to gain control of the Northwest Territory. In 1923 Fort St. Clair Park in Eaton was created to preserve this historic site. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B11F01_001_1 Subjects
: Historical markers--Ohio--Eaton; Fort Saint Clair (Ohio) Places
: Eaton (Ohio); Preble County (Ohio)