: Original description reads: "Preble County, Eaton, Ohio, Sept. 11, 1936. Stone entrance at Fort St. Clair Park."
The original Fort St. Clair was built in 1792 and used as a garrison and supply depot strategically placed between Fort Washington and Fort Jefferson. The main objective of the fort was to assist US troops as they tried to gain control of the Northwest Territory. In 1923 Fort St. Clair Park in Eaton was created to preserve this historic site. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B11F01_006_1 Subjects
: Fort Saint Clair (Ohio); Parks--Ohio--Eaton; Gateways Places
: Eaton (Ohio); Preble County (Ohio)