: Caption reads: "Furnace door for packing. Williamson Heater Company."
The bottom of the furnace door reads "Keep ash pit clean"
Williamson Heater Company, formerly the Peck - Williamson Company, was located at 64 Fifth Avenue in Cincinnati, Ohio. Founded in 1882, the company changed their name several times between then and 1911, when the company merged with five other heating equipment companies and changed their name for the final time. The company continued to prosper for many decades, and were well regarded for their reliability and durability. Metzger Machine Corporation bought WHC in 1992, and began production of Williamson products in their Milwaukee, Wisconsin plant. In 1999, Weil-McLain bought the Williamson brand name and operates the Williamson - Thermoflo Company as an independent subsidiary, continuing to be a leader of HVAC products for both commercial and residential use. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B08F03_027_001 Subjects
: Industries--Ohio--Cincinnati; Heaters, Air; Williamson Heater Company Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)