: Handwritten on reverse: "High School, Mingo Jct., O. Miller and Son, 436 Market St., Steubenville, Ohio."
Mingo Junction High School was dedicated in 1930. The 3-story brick building replaced the Central High School, which was destroyed by fire in 1917. A new gymnasium was added in 1957.
The Mingo Indian tribe (now referred to as the Seneca-Cayuga tribe) once had a settlement at the location of the present-day village, which is the source of its name. Originally known as Mingo Bottom, it was the starting point for the ill-fated Crawford expedition against hostile Indians in 1782, during the American Revolutionary War. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B08F06_047_001 Subjects
: High schools--Ohio; School buildings--Ohio; Schools--Ohio--Mingo Junction--History; Jefferson County (Ohio)--History; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works; Education; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Mingo Junction (Ohio); Jefferson County (Ohio)