: This is a photograph of a drawing of a Fort Laurens in Tuscarawas County, Ohio. Fort Laurens was built in 1778 for a campaign to attack the British in Detroit. This fort was in the wilderness and supplying the garrison became a problem. The men survived on boiled moccasins and withstood a month long siege of British-led Indians. Fort Laurens was abandoned in 1779. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B14F02_016_001 Subjects
: Tuscarawas County (Ohio); Fort Laurens (Ohio) Places
: Tuscarawas County (Ohio)