: The caption reads: "Interior of Garver Bros Departments Store, Strassburg O. The "Worlds Largest Country Store.'"
The store was started by Phillip A. Garver in 1866. It thrived under his sons, George Rudolph and Gustave Albert. From 1903 to 1970 it was known as the country's largest general store. They were able to compete with large retailers such as Sears and JCPenny. The store was closed in 1970. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B14F03_014_001 Subjects
: Strasburg (Ohio); Tuscarawas County (Ohio); General stores Places
: Strasburg (Ohio); Tuscarawas (Ohio)